Sometimes the 102 error occurs due to the incomplete registration while installing any of the Webroot products. So, the following are the steps that may help you in resolving the issue.
Register Your Product Again
Follow the below-given instructions to register your product again.
- First of all, open a web browser on your system.
- Then, go to webroot.com. By doing so, it will open the homepage of Webroot. Click on My Account tab located at the top and it will open the sign-in page on your screen.
- Click on the Create Account tab and fill all the necessary details to complete the registration process.
- Enter the Webroot Keycode into the given field. It is provided to you at the time of purchase. If you have purchased from the retail store, note down the code from the backside of the retail card. In case of an online purchase, you will get the code in the confirmation mail.
- Enter a valid email address to receive important emails from Webroot.
- Then, re-type your email address into the next field for confirmation.
- Now, create a password according to the below-given specifications:
- The password must contain at least 8 characters.
- Use at least one numeric value.
- Include at least one uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Also, use valid symbols.
- To confirm your password, re-enter the password into the given field.
- Next, enter a security code using a minimum of 6 characters that should be easy to remember. You might be asked to enter two characters of it while login to your account.
- Then, provide a security question and security answer. It will help you to retrieve the information in case you forget your password.
- Lastly, click on the Register Now button to complete the registration process.
Reset the Webroot Password
If you are facing error 102, then reset a password might solve the issue. So, follow the below-given steps.
- First of all, open the Webroot application.
- On the main interface of the application, click on the My Account tab. Sign in to your account with the correct email id and password.
- While login to your Webroot account, if you are facing errors then click on the Forgot Password link.
- In the next window, you will be asked to enter your email address to receive the password reset link. Hence, type your email address and click on the submit button.
- Now open the mail and click on the link. Set a new password by considering all the password requirements.
- Then, retype your password into the given field for confirmation.
- At last, click on the “Confirm” button and you will receive a dialog box stating that your password is now reset.
- In your webroot application, enter your new password and click sign in. Now you will be able to sign to your Webroot account without any issue.
This completes the registration and password reset process. Also, if the above methods do not resolve the issue, uninstall the Webroot application and then reinstall it.