Custom scan in Webroot SecureAnywhere limits the scan to certain files and folders that you have selected. You can run a custom scan in Webroot Secure Anywhere from the main panel and from the system tray as well. Just follow each and every step carefully without skipping to run the custom scan in Webroot. This procedure will definitely help you to run a custom scan without creating any sort of problem.
Procedure To Run A Custom Scan in Webroot SecureAnywhere
- First and foremost, you need to open Webroot SecureAnywhere on your system. For that, locate and click on the Webroot icon. You will get this icon in the system tray located in the Windows taskbar.
- As a result, this will open the main interface of Webroot SecureAnywhere on your screen.
- After that, click on the gear icon next to the PC security option. You will get this option at the top left corner of the page.
- Then, by clicking on the gear icon, the Scan and Shields panel displays on your screen.
- After that, in the following window, click on the Custom Scan button. You will get this option at the bottom of the left panel.
- As a result, the Customized Scan window will appear on your screen.
- In the following window, it provides you a descriptive list of each scan options of Webroot software:
- In order to perform a surface scan of files inactive memory, select the Quick radio button.
- After that, to perform a scan of local hard drives, select the Full radio button.
- Now, to perform a scan for rootkits, trojans, and other threats, select the Deep radio button.
- After this, to limit the scan to certain folders and files, click the Custom radio button.
- Subsequently, from the given list, you are required to click on the Custom radio button.
- Then, click on the “Add File/Folder” tab. You will get this tab on the right side of the page.
- After this, click on the “Add” button in order to select the folder and files that you want to scan. You will get this button at the bottom of the page.
- In case, if you want to delete a file or folder from the list, then in that case you need to highlight that file or folder.
- After that, click on the “Remove” option to delete a file or folder from your device. Make sure that you selected the correct file or folder that you want to delete. You will get this option on the right side of the page.
- Finally, click on the “Start Scan” button in order to run the customized scan. You will get this button at the bottom of the page. This will start scanning the particular files and folders automatically that you have selected.
In this way, you can run the custom scan in Webroot SecureAnywhere by following the given set of instructions. This will enable you to scan certain files and folders that you want to delete from your device.